Community Advisory Board Meeting Minutes February 5, 2020
Paul Hitchcock, MSPR General Manager, called the meeting to order at 6:01 p.m. at MSPR’s studios located at 132 Breckinridge Hall, Morehead State University.
CAB members present: Jeremy Boone, Doug Chatham, Courtney Howell, April Hobbs Nutter, and Jeanette Tesmer
CAB members absent: Collin Alexander (chair), Carol Campbell, Dan Mason, and Shayla Ring
Guests: no guests
- CAB meeting minutes from November 13, 2020 approved. (Tesmer/Chatham)
- Quarterly Program Report and the Quarterly Issues Report (October – December 2019) presented by Hitchcock.
- 2020 CAB Student Leadership Award discussed and awarded to Mr. Charles Jenkins. (Tesmer/Nutter)
- Vacant seats for CAB leadership discussed. Doug Chatham volunteered to serve as vice-chair and Jeanette Tesmer volunteered to serve as secretary. The CAB approved both appointments by acclamation.
- 2019 Station Activity and Diversity Reports presented by Hitchcock.
- Spring Fundraiser and Membership Drive scheduled from Saturday, February 29 through Friday, March 6. A kick-off event is planned at Sawstone Brewery in Morehead from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on February 29. “Brews and News” will include live music, trivia questions and door prizes.
- WMKY’s FCC broadcast license is due to be renewed in 2020. Hitchcock mentioned the process has started with two months of pre-filing announcements (February, March) followed by three months of post-filing announcements (April, May, June). WMKY’s application must be submitted by April 1. If approved, WMKY’s broadcast license will be extended for 8 years.
- Next CAB meeting scheduled at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 6, 2020.
- Chatham adjourned the meeting at 6:43 p.m. (Tesmer/Nutter)