St. Claire Regional (SCR) is excited to announce the addition of their very own on-site retail pharmacy and Meds-to-Beds program. The pharmacy is scheduled to open in early 2017.
The new full-service pharmacy will be open to patients, staff and the general public. It will include both inpatient and outpatient pharmacy services. The new retail pharmacy will be located on the first floor of the Medical Center near cardiac rehab. Hours upon opening will be Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Patients will greatly benefit from the Meds-to-Beds program, a concierge bedside service that delivers discharge prescriptions to patients prior to leaving the Medical Center at no additional cost. With Meds-to-Beds, we will be able to ensure our patients get the right medications and education, all while avoiding the hassle of making an extra stop after being discharged. The new service will also help us promote better health for our patients, as studies have shown that in-house pharmacy services lead to lower readmission rates.
• Patients, staff and visitors will be able to fill prescriptions while at the Medical Center
• Patient care will be more integrated, as our pharmacists utilize SCR's electronic medical records system
• Medications will be delivered to patients
• Prevents discharge patients from having to make an extra stop
• Increases patient compliance and adherence to new prescription regimen
• Increases patient convenience and safety
(story provided by St. Claire Regional Medical Center)