Baseball Eagles Set to End Regular Season with Three at Austin Peay
One more series stands between the Morehead State baseball team and the OVC tournament, as long-time OVC rival Austin Peay plays host to the Eagles for a three-game set starting Thursday night in Clarksville, Tenn. With tournament seeding on the line, the Eagles control their own destiny in terms of finishing in the top four in OVC regular season play, and a series win could give them just that.
Thursday & Friday's games are scheduled for 7:00 p.m. ET starts, with a 2:00 p.m. ET Saturday matinee to close out the regular season.
Live stats are available for all three contests, with live streaming available via ESPN+.
- Morehead State's Alex Jacobs is threatening to break the school record on-base streak set by Reid Leonard (50 games) in 2018. Jacobs' streak stands at 48 games, and has been a key cog in the Morehead State lineup all year. The graduate student left fielder is slashing .367/.451/.527 with four home runs and 36 RBI in 2022, and is top ten in the OVC in stolen bases with 12.
- Jackson Feltner has put together a season worthy of First-Team All-OVC honors in 2022. Feltner leads the OVC in hits with 77, and is top five in home runs (15), runs scored (52), batting average (.383), and slugging percentage (.697).
- John Bakke currently sits in second in the conference in ERA with a 3.17 mark this season, and is tied for seventh in strikeouts with 64. Despite being moved into the starting rotation nearly a month ago, Bakke still sits at third in the conference in saves with seven.
- Ryley Preece holds an on-base streak of 32 games, and sits in second place in the conference in walks with 39.
- Chase Vinson has quietly had a great season as the primary right fielder. Vinson is one of three Eagles with double-digit homers, and has 20 extra-base hits with 37 RBI. The junior outfielder has two multi-homer games this season.
- Joe Rotkis recorded his first save of the season on Tuesday at Marshall. Rotkis threw only seven pitches to record the final three outs and clinch the season sweep.
- Luke Helton sits in a three-way tie for eighth in innings pitched in the OVC. Helton has been into the fifth inning in every start, throwing 67.1 innings in 2022.
- Roman Kuntz had a big weekend for Morehead State versus SIUE. Kuntz hit three home runs across Sunday's doubleheader, finishing with a season batting average over .400 at Allen Field in 2022.