The meeting started at 6:03pm at the Morehead State Public Radio (MSPR) office.
Steve Middleton, MSPR Advisory Board (CAB) Chair welcomed returning members.
No guests were present at this meeting.
- Minutes for previous meetings were reviewed and discuss by the board.
- Motion made by Sarah to approve and seconded by Steve. The minutes were approved by the board.
- Quarterly Report for July- September 2017 was presented by Paul Hitchcock.
- Motion was made by Colby to approve and seconded by Sarah. The motion passed.
- Fall Fundraiser
- Paul discussed the fall fundraiser including, new members and the amount pledged. He stated that 1 family= 1 new member and we had 245 members!
- MSPR also hosted an Open House over Homecoming weekend. Paul stated this was a great community event and many former students of the station visited.
- The board congratulated Paul and the station on a successful fundraiser!
- Community Advisory Board (CAB) Leadership Award
- The board discussed keeping the qualifications/ requirements for the Leadership Award the same as last year or changing them. The board voted to keep the qualifications/ requirements the same.
- Paul discussed the Larry Netherland Scholarship Fund, and stated that the family is still trying to complete the setup through MSU, but will let everyone know when it is completed.
- Community Advisory Board (CAB) Officers- Several board members terms are coming to an end and new officers will be voted in.
- Sarah Dailey will move into the Chair position, from Vice- Chair.
- Vice Chair- Colby made the motion to elect Krys Lynam, and Sarah seconded the motion. The motion passed and Krys was voted into the Vice Chair position.
- Secretary- at this time is being left open and will discussed at the next board meeting. Paul will complete the minutes for the first meeting.
- Transmitter HVAC- Paul reported that this has been installed and is ready for use.
- ENCO Automation System- Paul reported that this has been installed and ready to move audio files.
The CAB board discussed new members. Paul and Steve thanked the current members and board for their time and dedication. Steve spoke about his experience serving as Chair and was thanked again by Paul and the board.
The meeting was adjourned at 6:51p, by Sarah and seconded by Colby. The motion passed.
The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 6:00pm.