© 2024 WMKY
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations

December Financial Aid Tip


Here are some tips from the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA):

•   Check with the financial aid offices of the schools to which you’ve applied to determine if they require any forms other than the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

•   File the FAFSA if you haven’t already done so.

•   Look for scholarships using KHEAA’s “Affording Higher Education” and a free online scholarship search. You can find a link to a free search site under the “Paying for College” tab on https://www.kheaa.com/.

•   Attend any college fairs and financial aid seminars offered at your high school or in your area. If a company charges a fee for helping with applications, remember that you can do that yourself for free. If you decide to pay for help, make sure the company is reputable by checking with the state Attorney General’s office or the Better Business Bureau in your area, as well as the area where the firm is located.

KHEAA is the state agency that administers Kentucky’s student financial aid programs, including the Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship (KEES). Its sister agency, the Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corporation (KHESLC), offers Advantage Loans to help students and parents pay for college or to refinance student loans. For more information about Advantage Loans, visit www.advantageeducationloan.com.

For more information about Kentucky scholarships and grants, visit https://www.kheaa.com/; write KHEAA, P.O. Box 798, Frankfort, KY 40602; or call 800-928-8926, ext. 6-7214. 

Story provided by (Kentucky.gov)