KET continues its in-depth political coverage with Kentucky Tonight programs featuring candidates in contested 2019 primary races for Commissioner of Agriculture, State Auditor, State Treasurer, Secretary of State, Attorney General, Lieutenant Governor and Governor.
Hosted by Renee Shaw, Kentucky Tonight programs with candidates begin Monday, March 25 at 8/7 pm on KET. The programs will also stream live at KET.org/live and will be archived online.
Kentucky Tonight airs on WMKY, Sundays at 7 am. An additional broadcast of these discussions will air the following Monday at 9am.
Candidates who demonstrate satisfaction of KET’s candidate invitation criteria before the deadline are invited to appear on a Kentucky Tonight program scheduled for their race. KET’s candidate invitation criteria and deadlines are available at KET.org/candidate-invitation-criteria. The proposed broadcast schedule is dependent on candidate participation and demonstration of the compliance with candidate criteria.
The schedule for Kentucky Tonight’s primary election programs is as follows:
- March 25: Commissioner of Agriculture (March 31 on WMKY)
- April 1 (two-part program): State Auditor; State Treasurer (April 7 on WMKY)
- April 8: Secretary of State (April 15 on WMKY)
- April 15: Attorney General (April 21/22 on WMKY)
- April 22: Republican Candidates for Lieutenant Governor (April 28/29 on WMKY)
- April 29: Democratic Candidates for Lieutenant Governor (May 5/6 on WMKY)
- May 6: Republican Candidates for Governor (May 12/13 on WMKY)
- May 13: Democratic Candidates for Governor (May 19/20 on WMKY)
Viewers may also send questions for the candidates via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or use the message form at KET.org/kytonight. Questions can also be submitted via Twitter at @KyTonightKET. The phone number for viewer questions during the programs is 1-800-494-7605.
KET will offer live primary election night coverage on Tuesday, May 21. Prior to that, additional election coverage and analysis continues each Friday evening at 8/7 pm on KET’s Comment on Kentucky, hosted by Bill Bryant.
Kentucky Tonight is a KET production, produced by Erin Lowry Wickey. Host Renee Shaw is KET’s public affairs managing producer.
KET is Kentucky’s largest classroom, where learning comes to life for more than one million people each week via television, online and mobile. Learn more about Kentucky’s preeminent public media organization at KET.org, on Twitter @KET and at facebook.com/KET.