The bond students have with Morehead State University as an institution is one that never truly leaves even years after they graduate. This would explain why every year in October, so many people return to their “nest” to reconnect and represent their alma mater with pride at MSU Homecoming.
For Homecoming 2018, which takes place from Oct. 19 through Oct. 20, plenty of students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends of the University will once again come together through numerous events and festivities to celebrate all things MSU.
Prior to the Homecoming Weekend, the Campus Activities Board (CAB) will be sponsoring several Homecoming-related activities for faculty, staff and students in anticipation of the arrival of many Eagles eager to show their support for the blue and gold.
“Homecoming is the most exciting time of the year for alumni. Eagles from every generation return to campus to relive memories from the ‘good old days,’ reconnect with former classmates and interact with today’s students,” said Mindy Highley, assistant vice president for alumni relations and development. “This year’s schedule is packed full of activities and we anticipate that thousands of alumni will come home for a weekend of Eagle excitement.”
MSU Homecoming 2018
Friday, Oct. 19
- 10 a.m. – Memorial Brick Ceremony, Little Bell Tower Memorial Plaza
- 11 a.m. – Scholarship Campaign Kickoff, Dedication of Elmer R. Smith College of Business and Technology, and Adron Doran University Center (ADUC) Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony
- Noon – Tours of renovated ADUC
Saturday, Oct. 20
- 9:30 a.m. – Homecoming Parade, Main St.
- 11 a.m. – Homecoming Tailgate, Eagle Rally Zone, Academic-Athletic Center (AAC) Front Lobby
- 2 p.m. – Eagle Football, Jayne Stadium
For a full schedule of events for MSU Homecoming 2018, visit www.moreheadstate.edu/homecoming. For additional information on how to become an active alum, contact the Office of Alumni Relations and Development at 800-783-ALUM (2586), email@example.com or visit www.moreheadstate.edu/alumni.