Morehead State University’s Office of Student Activities, Inclusion and Leadership Development has announced a weeklong celebration to commemorate the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Jan. 15-19.
The commemoration of the life and work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. encompasses a slate of events organized by faculty, staff, and students. Activities include various educational programs to encourage active participation by the campus and nearby community.
2018 MLK Celebration Schedule of Events:
Monday, Jan. 15
- Memorial Walk and Speech 6 p.m. 002 Breckinridge Hall. Hot chocolate and coffee will be provided. Sponsored by SAIL and Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc.
Tuesday, Jan. 16
- Art Exhibit: The Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Athena Room, Camden-Carroll Library. The exhibit will run through March 1. Sponsored by Camden-Carroll Library.
- Book Exhibit: The life and legacy of D. Martin Luther King Jr., East Commons Area, Camden-Carrol Library. The exhibit will run through March 1. Sponsored by Camden-Carroll Library.
Wednesday, Jan. 17
- Prolific Speeches – video and audio. At 10 a.m. Video - In Remembrance of Martin; 11 a.m. Video - I have a Dream; Noon - Audio of Dr. King’s prolific speeches; Athena Room, Camden-Carroll Library. Sponsored by SAIL.
Thursday, Jan. 18
- MLK Documentary: “King: Man of Peace in a Time of War.” Will show every hour from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., Athena Room, Camden-Carroll Library. Sponsored by SAIL.
Friday, Jan. 19
- Interactive activity - “I have a Dream Board” from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m., Athena Room, Camden-Carroll Library. Sponsored by SAIL and Camden-Carroll Library.
Additional information is available by contacting Shannon Colvin at 606-783-2071 or email@example.com.